Alexander Ross Holdings is determined that the highest standards of excellence are developed in its energy and environmental management. The group will endeavour to provide all staff with comfortable working conditions, and to undertake all of its activities at the lowest energy consumption and with the lowest possible environmental impact. It will continually review its environmental performance to prevent pollution and allow compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
This environmental policy is designed to provide clear, achievable targets for the company. A supporting document can be requested to substantiate all of the claims and targets made.
Long-Term Corporate Goals:
1) Implement systems and procedures to minimise energy and water consumption
2) Minimise dependency on finite fossil fuels by prioritising investment in sustainable technologies
3) Strive to reduce emissions and pollutants, as well as other harmful environmental impacts arising from all aspects of the business.
4) Ensure that energy efficient designs are included in any refurbishments.
Medium-Term Objectives (to achieve by 2020):
1) Decrease energy consumption by 10%
2) Decrease water consumption by 10%
3) Decrease carbon dioxide emissions by 10%
4) Decrease consumption of fossil fuels by 10%
A structured system has been implemented to monitor environmental performance and the above goals.
In addition to the above, the group will:
1) Work with suppliers to increase the percentage of products that are made from recyclable and sustainable materials
2) Sill strive to minimise waste in processes and where possible implement reuse and recycling measures
3) Encourage high environmental standards from all suppliers
4) Implement systems and procedures that ensure all employees are conscious of their environmental responsibilities and are aware of the environmental policy
The Group has achieved both the Carbon Trust Standard and European ISO14001 Environmental Accreditation.
23rd July 2012